I'm passionate about philosophy, but after having my girls I'm even more passionate about Mommy Matters

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter, Love, and Other Good Things

     

     Easter always makes me reflect on how grateful I am for my life and the brother who saved me, Jesus Christ. Just 4 years ago I remember being blissfully unaware of the future I would end up choosing. For instance, I did not plan on getting married (especially before being at least 26 years old), I did not plan on having children (especially before being 30 years old), and I did not plan on being a stay at home mom (ever). However, luckily, I was flexible enough to change my mind and choose the path that felt the best and now I have more joy inside of me than I ever could have asked for.There was once a time in my life, those 4 years ago, when I remember feeling very lonely, despite my friends and all of the parties I went to. I found myself choosing seclusion rather than doing things with friends or family. I now know that the loneliness I felt was a consequence of turning my back on my Heavenly Father and my savior Jesus Christ, with them I never have reason to feel alone. I know how this sounds: simple-minded and ignorant to many people, I once thought the same thing and was very judgmental of all religions. Religion, I thought, was a way of micromanaging masses of people and "brainwash" (a term that I feel is too readily thrown around). Little did I know how wrong I was. I don't judge anyone else for not believing in the LDS church, or any other religion. In the end if you have found peace, happiness, and are striving to be the best person you can be then the rest will be taken care of. Heavenly Father, I believe, knows each of his children and their hearts.

“I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live” (John 11:25)
 
     This is why Easter is so special to me, based on both Pagan and Christian traditions, it is a time that celebrates life and the fertility it offers. Jesus Christ lives and atoned for all of us, giving us the chance to use our agency and choose the path that makes us the happiest throughout eternity. He made it possible for us to be forgiven our short comings and once again be at peace when we die. We will all be resurrected after this mortal existence thanks to Him. We can also live life here without fear and instead embrace hope thanks to Him.

Husband and I on our wedding day 
(August 6th, 2010) 

     Since I invited the atonement back into my life I have chosen a great man to spend the rest of eternity with, given birth to a beautiful little girl we will raise together, and have found affirmation as a woman by deciding to become a stay at home mother. Even with all of the harsh realities of life, there is always light and love somewhere waiting to be found.  
     I hope everyone else is uplifted on Easter, even if it is simply because you feel alive during the wonderful beginnings of spring time. I am enjoying watching my daughter grow as the flowers do too and finding life all around after a cold winter.












Husband & I 
Spring 2010 

No comments:

Post a Comment